NABAS, Update from PAG ASA as of 5 PM today April 10, 2022 TROPICAL
CYCLONE BULLETIN NO. 13 Tropical Storm “#AgatonPH” (MEGI)
Issued at 5:00 PM, 10 April 2022 Valid for broadcast until the next
bulletin at 8:00 PM today
“AGATON” MAINTAINS ITS STRENGTH AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE SLOWLY WESTWARD.
• Location of Center (4:00 PM)The center of Tropical Storm “AGATON” was
estimated based on all available data including those from Guiuan Doppler
Weather Radar over the coastal waters of Lawaan, Eastern Samar
• IntensityMaximum sustained winds of 75 km/h near the center, gustiness
of up to105 km/h, and central pressure of 998 hPa.
• Present Movement Westward Slowly.
• Extent of Tropical Cyclone Winds Strong winds or higher extend outwards
up to 220 km from the center
TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNALS (TCWS) IN EFFECT
• TCWS No. 2(Gale-force winds prevailing or expected within the next 24
Motiong, Paranas, Hinabangan, Calbiga, Pinabacdao, Villareal, Daram,
Zumarraga, Talalora, Santa Rita, Basey, Marabut, San Sebastian),
Biliran, and the northern and eastern portions of Leyte (Leyte, Capoocan,
Carigara,Barugo, San Miguel, Babatngon, Tacloban City, Alangalang, Tunga,
Jaro, Kananga, Ormoc City, Santa Fe, Palo, Pastrana, Dagami, Tanauan,
Tabontabon, Tolosa, Dulag, Mayorga, Macarthur, Abuyog, Mahaplag, Javier,
La Paz, Julita, Burauen)
○ Potential impacts of winds: Minor to moderate threat to life and property
• TCWS No. 1(Strong winds prevailing or expected within the next 36 hours)
The southern portion of Masbate (Dimasalang, Palanas, Cataingan, Pio V.
Corpuz, Esperanza, Placer, Cawayan)
VISAYAS: The rest of Eastern Samar, the rest of Samar, Northern Samar, the
rest of Leyte, Southern Leyte, the northeastern portion of Cebu (Daanbanta-
yan,Medellin, Bantayan Islands, Bogo City, San Remigio, Tabogon,Borbon,
Tabuelan, Sogod, Catmon, Carmen, Danao City, Compostela, Liloan) inclu-
ding Camotes Island, and the eastern portion of Bohol (Buenavista, Danao,
Dagohoy, Pilar,Guindulman, Candijay, Mabini, Alicia, Ubay, San Miguel,
Pres. Carlos P. Garcia, Trinidad, Bien Unido, Talibon, Jetafe)
○ Potential impacts of winds: Minimal to minor threat to life and property
HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND AREAS
• Today: Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Masbate, Sorso
gon, Eastern Visayas, Cebu, Bohol, and Dinagat Islands. Light to moderate
with at times heavy rains over Albay, Catanduanes, Romblon, Surigao del
Norte, Agusan del Norte, Northern Mindanao, and the rest of Visayas
• Tomorrow: Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Sorsogon,
Masbate, Eastern Visayas, the northern portion of Negros Occidental, the northern portion of Negros Oriental, the northeastern portion of Iloilo, the northeastern portion of Capiz, Cebu, and Bohol. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Romblon and the rest of Visayas.
• Under these conditions and considering significant antecedent rainfall, scattered to widespread flooding (including flooding) and rain-induced landslides are expected especially in areas that are highly or very highly susceptible to these hazard as identified in hazard maps.
• Winds may reach gale-force in strength in any of the areas where Wind Signal No. 2 is hoisted throughout the passage of Tropical Storm “AGATON”.
• Strong winds (strong breeze to near gale conditions) will be experienced within any of the areas where Wind Signal No. 1 is currently in effect.
HAZARDS AFFECTING COASTAL WATERS
• In the next 24 hours, rough to very rough seas (2.8 to 5.0 m) will prevail over the seaboards of areas where Wind Signals No. 2 and 1 are hoisted. These conditions may be risky for most seacrafts. Mariners of small seacrafts are advised to remain in port or take shelter, while those operating larger vessels are advised to take precautionary measures when venturing out to sea and, if possible, avoid navigating in these conditions.
• In the next 24 hours, moderate to rough seas (1.2 to 3.4 m) will also prevail over the remaining seaboards of the country that are not under any wind signal or gale warning. These conditions may be risky for those using small seacrafts. Mariners are advised to take precautionary measures when venturing out to sea and, if possible, avoid navigating in these conditions.
TRACK AND INTENSITY OUTLOOK
• Today through early Tuesday, “AGATON” is forecast to move erratically or remain almost stationary over the areas of eastern portion of Leyte and the southern portion of Samar Island and its coastal waters due to weak steering environment. By Tuesday afternoon or evening, gradually accelerating turn east southeastward or eastward is expected as “AGATON” undergoes a binary interaction with the incoming tropical cyclone with international name “MALAKAS”.
• “AGATON” will likely remain a tropical storm for most of the forecast period, although the possibility of being downgraded into a tropical depression is not ruled out due to potential impact of land interaction on the tropical storm. “AGATON” is forecast to degenerate into a remnant low by late Wednesday or early Thursday as “MALAKAS” begins to assimilate its circulation.
Considering these developments, the public and disaster risk reduction and management offices concerned are advised to take all necessary measures to protect life and property. Persons living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to these hazards are advised to follow evacuation and other instructions from local officials. For heavy rainfall warnings, thunderstorm/rainfall advisories, and other severe weather information specific to your area, please monitor products issued by your local PAGASA Regional Services Division. The next tropical cyclone bulletin will be issued at 8:00 PM today.
Madaug nga Pagtamyaw it Malipayon nga tyempo it Paskwa!
Amon ginapabugal para sa inyo ang aton "PAILAW SA BANWANG NAGAPANGIBABAW: FIRST NABAS MUSIC AND LIGHTS FESTIVAL WITH FIREWORKS DISPLAY".
Kiritaay kita sa Nabas Municipal Hall, December 6, 2021 (6:00PM). Kabay nga ang mga iwag nga magasiga magpabatyag sa aton tanan it paglaum ag kasadya. Ginapadumdom sa tanan nga magsuksok it face mask ag obserbahan ang minimum health standards pareho it social distancing.
Merry Christmas, Pangibabaw Nabas.Madaug
Official facebook page by Councilor Ciciron Myton Palanog https://www.facebook.com/nabasmadaug
Nabas MDRRMO responded to a landslide with fallen rock incident at Sitio Pooc, Nabas,Aklan
At around 0730H, LDRRMO II REYNARD M. DELA CRUZ received a call from her Responder Merly Balidio informing of a fallen rock incident with minimal landslide at Sitio Pooc, Gibon, Nabas,Aklan.
Immediately, headed by LDRRMO II REYNARD M. DELA CRUZ, They proceeded to the said area and contacted HON. JAMES VILLANUEVA SOLANOY, for the provision of Pay loader to hasten our operation. At the scene, VICE MAYOR WILFREDO CEZAR was there to assist the traffic situation together with some Tanods.
They have cleared the debris that blocked the drainage and let the pay loader operator managed the fallen big rock. No other damages aside from the minimal damaged on road edge and drainage. We terminated our operation at around 0830H and went back to our office to make report and submitted to higher office.
Nabas is more than blessed and more than lucky enough to be given a chance among 17 municipalities of Aklan to pilot for a face to face learning to be conducted at Laserna Integrated School. Just this afternoon, October 18, 2021, at around 1400H, the Regional Incident Monitoring Team (RIMT) composed of several sectors from the Region such as Office of the Civil Defense 6, DOH6, BFP Regional Office, Philippine Army and DSWD6 conducted an actual visit to Laserna Integrated School to monitor, check the area, make sure that all minimum health protocols are met and in place, Contingency Plan in times of unexpected problems that might arise.The LGU Nabas thru Mayor James V. Solanoy, MDRRMC Chairman committed to assist and support Laserna Integrated School thru the active leadership of mam Rosalie Dela Torre , Principal to make the pilot activity a success. He is also envisioning of allowing all schools of Nabas to have a face to face learning (if allowed by the Regional IATF and approved)Your Nabas MDRRMO supports Mayor James on his plan by sharing some of our lohiatics to Laserna Integrated School.We will :
At 0815H of September 17, 2021, Nabas MDRRMO received a call from Punong barangay Lendy P. Cahilig of Barangay Tagororoc, Nabas, Aklan informing us of a Rain - induced landslide incident incurred at Sitio Suli of the same barangay covering the entire road making the said area non – passable to any types of vehicle.
Nabas MDRRMO elements, upon receipt of report immediately acted on the situation by proceeding to the said area at around 0821H of the same date headed by LDRRMO II Mr. Reynard Madrazo Dela Cruz together with his colleagues. Upon arrival, they noticed a huge pile of soil with rocks occupying the entire barangay road. Barangay officials and elements such as Tanod and Volunteers start to clear the debris. I talked and coordinated with Punong Barangay and ask permission to join the clearing operation.
To make solution, LDRRMO II Mr. Reynard Madrazo Dela Cruz called Mayor James V. Solanoy and reported the incident and it’s damaged. He also requested for the provision of a pay loader. Nabas MDRRMO has brought shovels, ropes, axe and chainsaw to clear the debris while waiting for the equipment. At around 1015H, the equipment started to clear the area and ended at around 1153H. We are the one clearing the area that pay loader was not able to clear.
They left the area at 1158H with clear picture of the landslide area. No other related accidents incurred. No damaged to properties and casualty. There are some small trees uprooted but upon assessment, it has no value yet.