The Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office under the headship of Mr. Ldrrmo Reynard Nabas as LDRRMO II in the administration of Hon. Maria Fe T. Lasaleta has conducted 2 -Days DRRM Training upon request of Barangay DRRM Committee of Barangay Pawa, Nabas,Aklan.
There were 30 participants attended including BHWs, Barangay Tanods, the Sangguniang Barangay Members headed by Punong Barangay Isagani P. Baliguat and Youth Volunteers.
Training focuses on the importance of First Aid in Pawa being one of the GIDA Barangay.
It is good to note that since it is a Barangay with no signal , it is important that the Barangay itself knows how to respond to all forms of emergencies.
The first day was all about First Aid on Bandaging and Splinting and in 2nd on Basic Life Support with highlight of Simulation Exercise on Vehicular Accident and Tropical Cyclone with victims to be managed and applied with the skills they have learned.
The two days ended successfully
PAMATAN-ONG NABASNON, MADAUG ag naga PANGIBABAW!
Aton nga subaybayan ang "MAYOR NENE'S ESPORT TOURNAMENT 2023" nga maga bukas kaya nga June 3, Sabado sa Nabas Covered Court, 7:30 it agahon.
Handog it atong aktibo ag mabinuligon nga Mayor Maria Fe T. Lasaleta para sa aton nga pamatan-on nga naga pangibabaw sa larangan it E-sports.
Pag-abi-abi sa aton nga
Tournament Head: Hon. Renzjo Cezar
Tournament: Organizer: Mr. Prince Felix Brill Sollesa
Official Media Partner: Nabas Madaug
With Councilor Ciciron Cee-cee Condez Palanog
On March 24, 2023 at 2:30 in the afternoon, Ms. Menieline G Fabon, MSWDO together with PSMS Jo-Ann N. Roa conducted counseling re RA 9262, re proactive measures to prevent violence against women and children (VAWC) and observance of confidentiality protocol in handling VAWC at ) Brgy. Libertad Nabas, Aklan . Activity ended with positive result.
On March 24, 2023 at 11 :00 in the morning, Nabas PNP personnel under the supervision of PCPT MOONYEN M. DE JOSEPH, Acting Chief of Police conducted information dissemination about Violence Against Women and Children Act of 2004 (RA 9262), Anti-Rape Law (RA 8353), Human Trafficking and Illegal Recruitment (RA 10364) , Special Protection of Children against Abuse, Discrimination and Exploitation Act (RA 7610), and OSEC at Brgy. Union Nabas, Aklan.
On March 24, 2023 at 10:00 o'clock in the morning Ms. Menieline G. Fabon, MSWDO together with PSMS Jo-Ann N. Roa, MWCPD conducted counselling re RA 7610, proactive measures to prevent violence against women and children (VAWC) and observance of confidentiality protocol in handling VAWC at Brgy. Union Nabas, Aklan . Activity ended with positive result.
We're back on the track!!!
Still Number 1...
Congratulations NABAS MUNICIPAL POLICE STATION for being No.1 in Unit Performance Evaluation Rating in whole Province of Aklan for the month of February 2023.
Thank you for the active support of the community. The Nabas Municipal Police Station is ready to serve you anytime.
The Municipality of Nabas rank third in the Most Competitive Municipality - Economic Dynamism Pillar during the 6th Regional Cities and Municipalities Competitiveness Index Awards for competitive LGUs held on 18 November 2022 at Park Inn By Radisson Hotel, Iloilo City.
WE GOT IT!
Through the hard work and dedication of Nabas Municipal Police Station Personnel headed by PLT MOONYEN M DE JOSEPH, Acting Chief of Police and the ever supportive LGU Nabas headed by our Mayor, HON. MARIA FE LASALETA, we stepped up from Rank 2 to Rank 1 in the whole province of Aklan with regards to the Unit Performance Evaluation Rating (UPER) for the month of October 2022.
THE HUNKS OF NABAS MPS IN ACTION!!!
2ND RUNNER UP OVER-ALL IN TEAM CATEGORY!
1st GOVERNOR'S CUP held at Aklan PPO, New Buswang, Kalibo, Aklan
Participants from different PROs...
We would like to thank our Mayor, HON. MARIA FE LASALETA for the support!
JUNE 11, 2022
POBLACION, NABAS, AKLAN
NABAS, Update from PAG ASA as of 5 PM today April 10, 2022 TROPICAL
CYCLONE BULLETIN NO. 13 Tropical Storm “#AgatonPH” (MEGI)
Issued at 5:00 PM, 10 April 2022 Valid for broadcast until the next
bulletin at 8:00 PM today
“AGATON” MAINTAINS ITS STRENGTH AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE SLOWLY WESTWARD.
• Location of Center (4:00 PM)The center of Tropical Storm “AGATON” was
estimated based on all available data including those from Guiuan Doppler
Weather Radar over the coastal waters of Lawaan, Eastern Samar
• IntensityMaximum sustained winds of 75 km/h near the center, gustiness
of up to105 km/h, and central pressure of 998 hPa.
• Present Movement Westward Slowly.
• Extent of Tropical Cyclone Winds Strong winds or higher extend outwards
up to 220 km from the center
TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNALS (TCWS) IN EFFECT
• TCWS No. 2(Gale-force winds prevailing or expected within the next 24
Motiong, Paranas, Hinabangan, Calbiga, Pinabacdao, Villareal, Daram,
Zumarraga, Talalora, Santa Rita, Basey, Marabut, San Sebastian),
Biliran, and the northern and eastern portions of Leyte (Leyte, Capoocan,
Carigara,Barugo, San Miguel, Babatngon, Tacloban City, Alangalang, Tunga,
Jaro, Kananga, Ormoc City, Santa Fe, Palo, Pastrana, Dagami, Tanauan,
Tabontabon, Tolosa, Dulag, Mayorga, Macarthur, Abuyog, Mahaplag, Javier,
La Paz, Julita, Burauen)
○ Potential impacts of winds: Minor to moderate threat to life and property
• TCWS No. 1(Strong winds prevailing or expected within the next 36 hours)
The southern portion of Masbate (Dimasalang, Palanas, Cataingan, Pio V.
Corpuz, Esperanza, Placer, Cawayan)
VISAYAS: The rest of Eastern Samar, the rest of Samar, Northern Samar, the
rest of Leyte, Southern Leyte, the northeastern portion of Cebu (Daanbanta-
yan,Medellin, Bantayan Islands, Bogo City, San Remigio, Tabogon,Borbon,
Tabuelan, Sogod, Catmon, Carmen, Danao City, Compostela, Liloan) inclu-
ding Camotes Island, and the eastern portion of Bohol (Buenavista, Danao,
Dagohoy, Pilar,Guindulman, Candijay, Mabini, Alicia, Ubay, San Miguel,
Pres. Carlos P. Garcia, Trinidad, Bien Unido, Talibon, Jetafe)
○ Potential impacts of winds: Minimal to minor threat to life and property
HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND AREAS
• Today: Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Masbate, Sorso
gon, Eastern Visayas, Cebu, Bohol, and Dinagat Islands. Light to moderate
with at times heavy rains over Albay, Catanduanes, Romblon, Surigao del
Norte, Agusan del Norte, Northern Mindanao, and the rest of Visayas
• Tomorrow: Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Sorsogon,
Masbate, Eastern Visayas, the northern portion of Negros Occidental, the northern portion of Negros Oriental, the northeastern portion of Iloilo, the northeastern portion of Capiz, Cebu, and Bohol. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Romblon and the rest of Visayas.
• Under these conditions and considering significant antecedent rainfall, scattered to widespread flooding (including flooding) and rain-induced landslides are expected especially in areas that are highly or very highly susceptible to these hazard as identified in hazard maps.
• Winds may reach gale-force in strength in any of the areas where Wind Signal No. 2 is hoisted throughout the passage of Tropical Storm “AGATON”.
• Strong winds (strong breeze to near gale conditions) will be experienced within any of the areas where Wind Signal No. 1 is currently in effect.
HAZARDS AFFECTING COASTAL WATERS
• In the next 24 hours, rough to very rough seas (2.8 to 5.0 m) will prevail over the seaboards of areas where Wind Signals No. 2 and 1 are hoisted. These conditions may be risky for most seacrafts. Mariners of small seacrafts are advised to remain in port or take shelter, while those operating larger vessels are advised to take precautionary measures when venturing out to sea and, if possible, avoid navigating in these conditions.
• In the next 24 hours, moderate to rough seas (1.2 to 3.4 m) will also prevail over the remaining seaboards of the country that are not under any wind signal or gale warning. These conditions may be risky for those using small seacrafts. Mariners are advised to take precautionary measures when venturing out to sea and, if possible, avoid navigating in these conditions.
TRACK AND INTENSITY OUTLOOK
• Today through early Tuesday, “AGATON” is forecast to move erratically or remain almost stationary over the areas of eastern portion of Leyte and the southern portion of Samar Island and its coastal waters due to weak steering environment. By Tuesday afternoon or evening, gradually accelerating turn east southeastward or eastward is expected as “AGATON” undergoes a binary interaction with the incoming tropical cyclone with international name “MALAKAS”.
• “AGATON” will likely remain a tropical storm for most of the forecast period, although the possibility of being downgraded into a tropical depression is not ruled out due to potential impact of land interaction on the tropical storm. “AGATON” is forecast to degenerate into a remnant low by late Wednesday or early Thursday as “MALAKAS” begins to assimilate its circulation.
Considering these developments, the public and disaster risk reduction and management offices concerned are advised to take all necessary measures to protect life and property. Persons living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to these hazards are advised to follow evacuation and other instructions from local officials. For heavy rainfall warnings, thunderstorm/rainfall advisories, and other severe weather information specific to your area, please monitor products issued by your local PAGASA Regional Services Division. The next tropical cyclone bulletin will be issued at 8:00 PM today.